Monday 10 November 2008

further


And so, another couple of weeks have passed and plenty has altered.
I am now reluctantly back in the singles club, following a very brief telephone conversation last Tuesday. I thought things were going very well, but that shows how bloody starcrossed I was. Idiot.
A week has practically passed, and no further word from her. Nevermind. I am really very downhearted now though, and it feels a terrible shame.

Prior to this unceremonious dumping, we did have a date together, catching the mighty Keane at Annexet in sthlm. I must say that despite their status in my eyes as the Tim Henman of rock bands, I have been a big fan of The Keane for some time now. Tom Chaplin has quite a voice, and boy can they write a tune. The live show was upbeat enough for the band to endear themselves even further with me, and there wasn't a duff song in a pretty lengthy set.
Really, to all the haters; open your ears.

There are a couple of new things to recommend, that have recently come to my attention. First up, I feel duty bound to mention the new Deerhunter album. It's brilliant. I'm sure you know this already, but it must still be said. A long way ahead of Cryptograms/Flourescent Grey EP. There are 25 tracks on it in total, and not a dud amongst them. Big and shoegazey in parts, and suitably subtle throughout. 

I also quite like the sound of Windmill. I'm a bit surprised it's fallen below my radar for so long, but there is something about it that has won me over quite quickly. A bit of a Daniel Johnston-y quality to the vocal might be an instant turnoff to some, but it works, to my ears.

I will try to blip as many things related to the music I mention on here, and nice things I can't be bothered to, so click the link.

I will now leave it for now, as I have to decide who will have the dubious pleasure of being my +1 at Okkervil River and The Dodos tomorrow night.
TTFN.


No comments: