Tuesday 21 October 2008

it can start here


Having threatened to begin a blog ever since I first heard the term, I am bored enough at work today to actually start one. 
I am also starting feel duty bound get this going, following regular use of the lame joke "that'll be going in the blog tomorrow' to mock dull anecdotes for months now.

I am surprisingly lazy for someone so busy, so posts will probably be rather intermittent.

I don't have any kind of manifesto or plan for this. The name sounds like it might be a crackpot conspiracy theorist's paranoid quacking, but it's just the name of a very good Magazine song.
I'll probably write quite a lot about music, my silly little life and general thoughts about things. 

Very hard to know where to start, so I may as well begin with a band. My newest found fondness is for a Danish band called SMALL.
They would probably be seen by some to fit into the 'nu-gaze scene'. 'Nu-gaze' is clearly a useful term to someone, but I personally find it vomitous. 
This is glorious, coruscating electronic indie, and i went weak at the knees on first listen. If their manager can get it together, I might get to plug it one day. It seems like they're starting to heat up with some celerity, so they may end up everywhere one day. Or at least supporting M83.

So, I hope that my prattle is of some interest to someone. I'll write on regardless.
I will stop writing now though, because I have a pretty depressing meeting to go to. Breaking bad news to a band who don't stand a hope.

  

1 comment:

DexterOrdinary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.